Basic Birthday


The other day I posted this Birthday Card ala Anna Griffin. I made it for the group birthday gift for a co-worker. This is my Basic Grey card that I'm giving to the birthday girl. I picked up a bunch of Basic Grey rub ons when a Paper Zone was closing shop. I'm trying to un-hoard my things...sigh. I feel like this is screaming for a big flower but that isn't the birthday girl, kwim? I also dug out a Making Memories moulding strip...it is crazy how many embellishments I own...I've actually been really good about not buying more...we won't talk about my Fabriano supply..LOL.

Did you notice that there isn't any stitching? That's the other thing I wanted to do on this card but when I was making it, my ds was napping. The boy napped for almost 2.5 hours. He was at 5th grade camp at Camp Casey and came home yesterday afternoon. The boy was beat'ola...and I didn't have the heart to run the Janome.
--------------------------------------
paper: basic grey, misc black accessories: basic grey rub on, making memories moulding strip, slit punch.

Comments

SeattleStamper said…
It's so hard not to hoard isn't it? I love your card and those papers! She'll love this card.
Pinky Roth said…
amy, this is a very striking card...love it. I think all of us stamp addicts tend to hoard those papers and embellishments! I need to use what I have before gettting more! LOL.

Pinky
Lauren said…
This is awesome! It's so dramatic.
Corie said…
This is beautiful -- love that DP
Allison Rankin said…
This rocks! I just love this DP and you show it off well in this layout!
Jill said…
Awesome card! Love it.
Godelieve said…
Wow, rich looking card!
Shelly said…
Very pretty, I have this dp too and love it! Love your card!
Love this card -- fabulous!!!
HeatherH said…
OOOhhh - so beautiful! You have the courage to use all the paper that I hoard and don't ever want to cut into :-) I wish we lived closer so we could craft all day long :-)