Mellow Flower and an Award...

This is my card for Jen del Muro's sketch challenge.... I knew that when I saw the sketch that I was going to use my Basic Grey Mellow dp. I volunteered to make the group card for my boss. She is leaving and we're having a luncheon for her tomorrow. I'm pretty devastated by the loss... In my opinion, she has been instrumental in putting policies and procedures in place and is just a whipper snapper. Anywho's...her plan is to spend alot of time in her yard. Evidently she loves to garden {I'm a black thumb} so I instantly thought of the Mellow papers...This card is huge...I used a full 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip!
------------------------------------------
paper: basic grey mellow, stampin' up chocolate chip accessories: prima flower, twine from target's $ spot, misc metal monogram and of course, my janome.

Carla of Paper Pastorale , Jane of Whoopsie Daisy, Denise of All Things Stamped and Lisa of My Little Ink Spot passed along an award to me:

The award is the Arte y Pico (Art & More) award. It's given to bloggers who share their art and creativity making their contribution to the blogging world.Here are the rules:

1. You pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and the link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

It is always so difficult for me to only list a couple blogs that deserve awards. I'm overwhelmed with the amount of talent out there in the blogging world. The blogs that I've listed have made me think outside of the box by challenging me or have the ability to share things about themselves and their life that is so open and honest.

1. Jen del Muro of i{heart}2stamp-She is so talented and hey, anyone that makes me join in a challenge I will high five.

2. Sharon Johnson of No Time to Stamp?-Another gal that I've participated in her challenges...I see she has a new glitter challenge...I'll be sure to join in on that one...I *love* glitter!

3. Cathy Zielske of Bits & Pieces-Yes, thee Cathy Zielske...she continuously cracks me up but I have to say that this entry was really sweet....wow, what a lucky duck she is.

4. Jenn Shurkus of {Creative Chick}-I've always been a huge fan of her A Muse work but this entry hit home for me....my life is grrr'ish but like Jenn, I'm sooo thankful for the positive aspects of my life. Her " i try to remind myself... everything will work out and most importantly... everything happens for a reason...." is exactly how I feel too.

5. Ana Cabrera of Coconut Goddess-Ultra talented gal that posted this layout that shared some really wonderful writing. Being a single Mom is a hard job...I can speak from experience....

Thanks to Carla, Jane, Denise and Lisa for sending me the award...you gals rock and I thank you for your blogging friendship :)


Comments

HeatherH said…
Hey there - love your SFYTT this week - so creative to make it so big for the office signatures! I am in Vancouver, Wa - are you anywhere near me? Give me a shout at heatherhussey@msn.com Take care!!
Angie Tieman said…
Awesome card! That paper is perfect for a gardener! So nice and refreshing to hear someone say nice things about their boss!
Anonymous said…
WOW!!! This is so pretty!! Thanks for playing and thank you for the award! Hugs-Jd
Julia Aston said…
Love the Dp's you used on this card! very pretty and perfect for a gardener - I'm sure your boss will appreciate this hand made card!
First off, CONGRATS!!! to you on receiving this award -- so very well deserved!!! Your work is gorgeous and your Blog is so tastefully done!!! And next, THANK YOU, for passing it on to me -- I am truly humbled and honored -- thank you so much!!! Oh, and your card is FABULOUS -- as always!!!