Wild about Wasabi...

Okay, I **love** the Stampin' up color Wild Wasabi but I honestly don't like real wasabi {cringe}...Yes, I am 100% Japanese :) LOL

I joined in the fun at Page Plans and used the card sketch compliments of
Chris Ross. I think it is a great way to combine different patterns of the same color. I've been so pleased with the Stampin' Up Print Pack...so sad to see Wasabi retire but have certainly stocked up on it.

Thought I would share a picture a day from my Vancouver BC vaca...that way I can enjoy it as I frantically catch up at work...you know how that is...get slammed at work before going out on vaca and get slammed when you get back to work...vicious circle...anyways...Need a place to eat in Vancouver? Check out Tanpopo {dandelion} by Stanley Park. The service can be slow but it is Japanese all-you-can-eat/Made to order....you order off a menu. It isn't like a buffet where you dig out your stuff out of buckets under food warming lights...we use to go to Royal Fork when I was younger...that is how that was...

Anywho's....this is a pic of J and I at Tanpopo...we've known each other for over 12 years...our kids went to the same daycare in Seattle. So the kids have known each other since they were babies...they definitely act like siblings :) We did have a great time in BC though...Z had J's son to horse around in the hotel pool...

----------------------------------

paper: stampin' up print pack and wild wasabi accessories: j's bling brad, stampin' up circle scallop punch, faux dew drops ala m's, wild wasabi stitched grosgrain

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a super duper cute card. I'm glad you had a great time although slammed at work... yes, that always suck for the working gals like us slammed before and after :)
Angie Tieman said…
Very cute! Great way to use all the papers together! Looks and sounds like you had a fun time! Hope work calms down. BTW, LOVE your little green top in the photo!
Allison Rankin said…
This is gorgeous...love how you mixed the DPs here!
Love the card, Amy! The faux dew drops made me giggle. I bought bags of them too. That embellishment in the middle of the flower is gorgeous! Cool designs with the various strips of the Wasabi DSP. Wish they weren't doin' away with the color though. Do you like sashimi or sushi? I can't stand it when wasabi isn't made properly. ~ Jane
Shelly said…
Beautiful card, Amy! I love Wild Wasabi too (I can handle SMALL amounts of the real wasabi, and I'm Korean! LOL!) Love the bling in the center of your flower, so pretty!
I remember now... you don't do raw sushi! right? lol! Or chopsticks! I remembered because I have another Japanese friend who is the same way!
Anonymous said…
Fabulous job with the sketch ... love how you combined the different patterns.
Julia Aston said…
That's a great sketch! I've seen a few cards using it - love the curvy edges - wonderful scalloped flower - I'll miss the Wild wasabi too - but I'm sure some other great color will come along!! Great pic of you and your friend!
Anonymous said…
What a great sketch and perfect for those papers. This card is gorgeous!