Happy Birthday!!!

This was a FUN card to make...the "happy birthday" and the birthday cake are Savvy images that I bought last month. I've had the cork coaster for, well, months...I bought several packages of them when I found them at Joann's $ spot. Guess what? They are actually magnetic! Now I'm kicking myself..I would have stocked up..maybe it is a good thing that I procrastinated in ripping into the packages...things happen for a reason :) The dp is Daisy D's Bambino line that actually has some really fun patterns. I picked the polka dots with the hope that they would show up in my scallop paper piecing. I used my Sakura Stardust pen for the candle flames and had to add some bling on the top scallop. This went postal on Monday so hopefully it'll make its way to the birthday girl soon...there are sooo many birthday's! At work we're celebrating 2 birthday's on Friday...

Happy Thursday...one more day to Friday!!
------------------------------------------------
stamps: savvy paper: stampin' up chocolate chip, daisy d's bambino & misc ivory ink: versafine vintage sepia, sakura stardust accessories: j's $1 coaster, small/large oval punch

Comments

Angie Tieman said…
What a fun awesome card! I love that cork cake!!!
Lauren said…
Super cute and so clever amy!
Allison Rankin said…
Great idea with the cork...you go, girl!
Susan said…
love the cork and that shade of blue and I'm not even a blue gal! very very neat card. Can't wait to see Friday's upload...Happy Weekend
Julia Aston said…
Well- this b'day card made it to the B'day girl!!! way across the US of A to Massachusetts!

thanks so much Amy - I love the cake on the cork! and what a hefty cork coaster it is! very fun long card - thank you for thinking of me and sharing your beautiful artwork with me!!
Carla said…
It's adorable! I can't believe you cut that tiny icing! You're a stud!