what's cookin'?

I was asked by my co-worker to make a couple cards for her kids' upcoming birthday's. She gave me a snippet of something to work with...this is for her son, the chef. I have cupcakes and chocolates but no chef hat {bummer...wouldn't that be perfect?}. So I played with my A Muse Party Time set. I stamped the apron onto Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red and pieced it onto the Fabriano. I topped it off with some Martha Baker's Twine {thanks for enabling Ivy!}. Martha's packaging is most fabulous, isn't it?

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. My friends and I spent the day shopping on Saturday...approximately 7 hours of shopping...lol. It was GREAT. We always get together early in January in hopes of hitting good sales {we did}. I was the only one to pop into Impress....I bought a couple things and hope to play with them this week. "d" met me and we went to see Gran Torino...the theater {a large one too} was absolutely packed...sold out. I laughed and cried...{anyone that really knows me shouldn't be surprised that I cried...I cry at all movies...sheesh, even Cheaper by the Dozen II...rollin' my eyes..}.

Have a super week!

Comments

Julia Aston said…
What a fun card for a chef! love that apron stamp and the bakers twine is perfect! I have some of that in other colors and have used it a few times - but found it to be very hard to find the end to start using it - I had to tear it all apart and rewind - did you find that with your set???
Angie Tieman said…
Precious card!! Love that red and white twine, I used a lot of it last month. thanks for helping the economy out too! Gran tarino is on our movie list too...don't feel bad, I cry at all movies also!
Janine said…
Great card!! That twine is so wonderful!!
Have a great day Amy!
Sandra MacLean said…
I love that stamp Amy! And the font on the sentiment is so fun!! I'm so jealous that you can just 'pop' into the Impress store! I didn't even know they had a bricks and mortar store! Lucky thing! Oh, and I cry at all the movies!! Even Ice Age.....I'm such a baby!! LOL
Rose Ann said…
Your pieced apron is darling, and I love the twine!! (I cry at all movies too. ;)
Ann said…
Very cute card, and I'm diggin' the red/white twine. I scored at Michael's on Saturday--MS ribbon for 99 cents! ;)
Latisha said…
OMGosh i need to get some of that twine! Super cute card. My hubby really wants to see that movie, he thinks Clint E. kicks *ss lol
Corie said…
This is fantastic, I love it so adorable
KeeponScrappin said…
Super cute Amy. Natalie would love that card. She wants to be a chef someday. She's only 10 and can cook full meals. I'm so luck cause when I'm sick she always volunteers to cook for the family. The best part, she ♥'s to scrap too.
Marlou McAlees said…
oh fabulous card Amy!!! loving the bakers twine, nice addition! :) x
Carla said…
It sounds like a wonderful weekend! I am, as always, quite jealous!The card is cute, I think he'll like it! I've been coveting that baker's twine, so far I've resisted. I like the brown & white one also, do you have it?
Savitri said…
Cute cute cute!!! Love it and the twine is oh so pretty!
Lisa Brown said…
Precious card, Amy! That
twine is so cute! ---We saw Gran Torino this weekend, too, and really enjoyed it...laughed and cried, too!
Carolina said…
Oh is this ever darlin' Amy!!! Love this string, I bought it to use it for Christmas cards, but since that didn't happen, I'll have to use it for Valentines...love it with your apron too
Anonymous said…
Isn't that bakers twine so handy? I love it!!!

I saw grand Torino! I thought it was awesome!
Jen D said…
Oooh- I'm addicted to Martha's packaging! I tend to hoard it though- hee hee.
I am so jealous you can visit Impress whenever you want- I love that place!! :)
Jen D said…
Oooh- I'm addicted to Martha's packaging! I tend to hoard it though- hee hee.
I am so jealous you can visit Impress whenever you want- I love that place!! :)
lauren bergold said…
i am crying...
at the mere thought...
of you *WATCHING* "cheaper by the dozen 2"!!! was it a condition of your parole, or something??!?! poor you!

(loooooove the card!!! the baker's twine--a surely under-utilized supply--is INSPIRED and FABULOUS...much like someone i know...♥)