surprise!




Good Sunday Morning to You!!!

Sunday's mean 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday!

I tell you, today's sketch initially threw me...I couldn't think of how I wanted to tackle it...basically, I was thinking too hard, kwim? Then it hit me, I was going to make a tri-fold card using Pam's sketch and then things started rolling for me.

I'm trying to comfortably put together a stack a birthday cards for my nephew. What I've done in the past for his sister's is design 18 cards...1 for each of their birthday's {until they hit 18} and have different family members write in them. I typically have the greeting part done during the initial baby shower before the kid is even born but this is baby #3 and sorry dude, I'm not on the ball. Let's see, Baby C has already past his 1st birthday but hey, it's the thought that counts right?

Okay, anywho's....What a fun birthday boy card...October Afternoon's Night Light Louie which I picked up at Limelight. The designs are fabulous...1 side is fun and the other has great graphic-y patterns...love the stuff. I think that Ms. Lauren is going to love this monsta card :) Those little guys are on glue dot pop dots..hope it doesn't scare my 'lil guy...

Next up are a couple pics....for the past couple of years I've been taking the kids to a fancy smancy restaurant for their birthday's. This year we ventured to the same restaurant but a different location {darn bridge work...I hate traffic jams}. I love going to restaurants on the water...seriously, who doesn't? The kids always get chix strips/fries....LOL...one day they will love & appreciate seafood...oh that's right, my daughter had fish & chips this time...

Here's the birthday boy in all his cuteness {okay, so I'm a smidge partial}..

Can you tell that my daughter hates getting her picture taken and that the boy is a ham? My boy took my picture...it's now my new blog pic....funny story, my previous one that was black & white? My hair is never that curly...my daughter curled it for me that day and I had the boy snap a photo....want to know an even funnier story? My mother hated that pic...said my nose was huge...sigh...gotta love them, right? So she made up for that comment {although she did repeat it at dinner on friday night}...she loves this pic that the boy took of me and was waaaayyyyy too excited for me to replace the black & white one with it...LOL...
Here's a pic of me and my Momma {bahaha..she hates being called Momma..take that Momma!}..oh I crack me up...if my kids ever read my blog, which they don't, they'd be horrified that I posted their pics AND rolling their eyes at me right now.

Okay, that's it for today...thanks for stopping by!!!

Comments

yyam said…
Super cute card! Love the October Afternoon monsters!
Whoa...you've the cards done till the 18th birthday? That's like way ahead...:)
You look pretty in the new blog pic but the old one wasn't bad to begin with...:)
Great-looking kids too! The boy's gonna be a heartbreaker. Have a fabulous Sunday Amy!
Steph said…
Fab photos - it's great t see your Momma. x
Evelin said…
I love the little monsters on the card! Waaaaayy too cute!

And I noticed your new profile pic :) It rocks! Love your previous pic too :) Both looks sweet :)
Kim Costello said…
Fabulous card darling Amy, Love the monsters too fun!!! As for your gorgeous pics I always liked the other it looked fun! This one is very pretty! Looks like a yummy cake send some down the net line!!! HuGs Kim =D
Anonymous said…
I love this card! It's way fun! And your family is Beautiful!
Love this card Amy super cute and great pictures.
Laurel said…
CUTE card! Great pics of you family!
Anonymous said…
Fun card. Great pic's. Whats not to like Momma????
Unknown said…
Really cute card Amy and I love that idea of making cards for family members and getting other family members to write in them. You my friend are a stunner!!
Hugs
Michelle
Ingrid said…
What a cute card, Amy. And great pics! You have a wonderful family.

xoxo
Elaine said…
Such a cute card and great way to make the challenge hot!! :) The monsters are pretty sweet on your cute card! LOVE the pics!! HOpe you all had a great time - it looks like you did! :)
Lisa Carroll said…
look at you, pretty girl! :) and your kids are adorable... so typical. lol LOVE the card!
Dora said…
Wonderful card, love the monsters and the bright colors! And love the pictures!

hugs Dora
Cheryl said…
What a cutie card Amy! Great photos and you look so different from your old photo. Your boy took a great photo of you.
xiumaiyuki said…
Loving those cute monstas!!!! and your new pix is great!!! Your kids are adorable.
Love those cute monsters and your take on this sketch! So cute! Your kids are adorable and you are absolutely gorgeous! TFS!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Amy - First off I have to say I love your new picture. And your family is just too cute including your mom.
Your card is adorable love all of it. If it is a tri-fold what does it look like all folded up and what is on front?
Ivolina said…
Very funny and cute card, Amy.
Lovely pictures of you and your family. Happy Birthday to your nephew.
Carolina said…
What fun pics...looks like you had a wonderful celebration!!! Happy Birthday to your nephew.

Love your card - this monsters are so cute and your new photo is just adorable!!!
Ann said…
Such a cutie pie card for a boy--LOVE it! And I love your pics! Such cute kids... :)
itsallrosi said…
great card, and oh my gosh you look so different from your old profile pic!
Rose Ann said…
Your little aliens are soooo cute, Amy!! I love the bright colors too!!

Darling pictures of the kids, and a great one with you and you mom!!
ivyPINK said…
super cute card!
super cute Fam :)
Susan (rainy) said…
Love those cute little creatures. Darling card. And what fun pictures.

("Hi" to a fellow Seattleite!)
Kelley Eubanks said…
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment! I remember being here before. I am going to save you in my favs so I can come back! You have some great cards/projects on here! Very talented!!
Kay said…
Aww Amy! Look at you in all your CUTENESS!! I love the new blog photo and what a super special treat to see your Momma ;o) and your darling, darling kiddos!! Thanks for sharing with us.

My son happened to be walking by when I was looking at your OA monster card and he stopped in his tracks, smiled at the computer screen and said "Can you buy that?! " LOL! I thought that was great! I've talked about you and how much you make me smile and laugh and he said "OH! That's her!"

You're the best, my friend!! ♥♥ Kay
Jeannie said…
What a fun card and a beautiful family!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie
Unknown said…
Total, fab monsta cuteness! Love it!!

Love the new avatar Amy! The old one was uber cute too though ;-)

Great pics of the family...beautiful in fact!

(-: Heidi
Tami said…
so glad I popped in today. I love the pics (Hi kiddos and Mom). You are a real sweetie pie Amy and its nice to put a face to your picture. My pic is old too! lol. Don't you love when Moms tell it like it is however your nose is NOT big to me. My Mom used to do the same thing to me but as much as it hurt, I valued her opinion and I still do. I hope to meet you someday. I have great news. Can you say CROP with Cosmo Cricket YES...and Basic Grey too!! Scrapfest 2009 or bust. It took me 2 hours to get answered on the phone at both stores and my friend was trying right along with me. : ) xoxoxo
Anonymous said…
What a cute fun card! And congrats to the birthday boy :)
Tutu Crafts said…
I keep looking at your card! What paper is it? It is SUCH a cute card!
lauren bergold said…
♥♥♥duuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!♥♥♥
(you are SOOOOOOOO RIGHT about me lovin' the monsta card!!!!!!!!!! i especially love that it stands up on its own... (b/c monstas need to be DISPLAYED, obviously!) ...AND that it has monstas INSIDE as well! (b/c they get lonely!!!) ♥"FAB'ola, girl-io!"♥ (as some might say!) :)

(ps: loooooove the family pics almost as much as the monstas! :) & in fact, i mostly came over today to say how much i love the new headshot!)

(unlike momma, however, i also loved the old one...and have NO idea what she is talkin' 'bout, nose-wise...mommas, eh?...i think they just like to keep us *humble* or somethin'...SHEESH...) ♥♥♥
Cindy Lee said…
Your monster card is too cute! Who doesn't like monster? I mean monster card...lol :)

Your family picture is nice. Thanks for sharing with us here :)
Hugs!!
Latisha said…
love all the family pictures!
Angie Tieman said…
Okay, that card is amazing!!! How you made it into a tri-fold, ingenious!! Second, your kids are totally adorable!! Third, love the new picture (Momma is crazy, your nose did not look huge, but thank goodness mommas do say it like it is sometimes!) and lastly, thanks goodness D likes your hair both ways!! heeee!
Gloria Stengel said…
Your card is so cute and creative. And I love that October Afternoon paper! I got some in an ASD kit a month or so ago and used up every scrap! Your family photos made me laugh! Tell your dd she has a "twin" here in So. CA. She looks a lot like my dd's BFF! How funny is that? I love the new pic of you, but liked the old one too!

Hey, thanks for all the comments every day on my blog. You are such a sweetie! Big hugs back at ya!
Carla said…
Love all those monsters, the tri fold shows them off perfectly! Plus there's lots of room for birthday wishes on the inside! Loved seeing the pics of your beautiful kiddos and mom!! (And you!)
♥ Audrey ♥ said…
You have such adorable kids and that pic of yours is simply fab! You look so different from the previous photo.