elements....

Happy Thursday!!!

Today is my day over at 365 Cards...

Do you know what I like?

A Good Challenge...are you ready for this one ladies??

4 Elements

Divide your card into 4 parts representing the 4 basic elements:

water, fire, earth & air

I can see those wheels turning...

Here's my take on it:

I went with a color inspiration for the 4 elements. I'll be honest with you, I was originally going to paint the inchies to reflect the colors but quite honestly I came home late from work tonite {I'm typing this up on Wednesday nite} and just didn't have the time to start slinging the paint around. So I dug around my PTI Vintage buttons and found all but 1 for this particular card. The red one is a vintage one. This 'lil number is a petite 3x3...see those swiss dots? :)

Oh yeah, what I didn't tell you is this is the 2nd one that I made for this challenge...

I didn't read the deets correctly and totally dropped the ball on the "4 parts" when I originally made my first card:

I thought I was being so clever putting that 'vintage' thank you metal embellie on my 4.25 in x 4.25 in card.

I'm just glad I realized it in time...don't want to be a rebel :)

So put those thinking caps on my friends...I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!

Comments

yyam said…
I like how simple and elegant the card is...with all the round elements.
Steph said…
What a fab idea - i love those buttons. gorgeous x
Martha said…
Wow, beautiful card and buttons!!
Great idea :)
Michelle said…
Amy.. I am totally getting your interpretation of the challenge. Great job with all the texture too. Congrats on the Torendi gig..

Mishy
Tina said…
What an awesome card. I love the four panels and your use of buttons here.
Laurel said…
Wow, what a great take on the challenge!
Courtney Baker said…
Fun card Amy! I love those buttons!
Piali said…
Just love your take on this one!!! So perfect yet so simple and beautiful... You're awesome with challenges.
Hugs
Piali.
Rose said…
fantastic job on both cards :0) i don't know the 4 elements but i do remember the movie the fifth element lol
Jenn said…
Both cards are fabulous Amy! :)
Lauren said…
These are just so cute and simple. Love 'em!
Evelin said…
love your take on this challenge!
Absolutely lovely! :)
Kristie Larsen said…
this is completely brilliant. i love the colors for the elements. the buttons, the simplicity. honestly this is perfect!!
Dora said…
That is very smart of you and they look real good!
cnelson said…
ohhhhhhhh, i love this card so much! such a fun interpretation of the four elements! you are so clever! simply divine!
bethchien said…
hahaha you dont' read directions, uh? lol
Loving BOTH cards!! Especially that red vintage button! Yum!
B
Unknown said…
Totally adorable Amy! You know I love me some buttons!

(-: Heidi
Love the simplicity and elegance of this card. Just beautiful!
Sparkplug17 said…
Both of your cards are just too cute. I love the buttons!
Regina Easter said…
omg...that is a hard one...but ya kicked butt on it girl...love the plain stylish look of these cards..you rock
Joy said…
wow! what a hard challenge...but you did a great job on it! I wouldn't have thought like that but I can see what you were trying to do! very creative!
Esther Asbury said…
I love your take on this challenge! Simple, elegant, and very usable! Beautiful card!
Such a simple yet stunning card! Love it xx
Ann said…
Too flippin' cute! It's absolutely perfect for the challenge!
Kay said…
What a very original challenge! I know I couldn't have come up with cards as fabulous as these! The buttons are amazingly beautiful together! ♥♥ Kay
MicheleV said…
Both cards are great!
Anonymous said…
You are one clever gal, this was such a hard challenge I just threw up my hands in dispair, but you did a great job, very nice!!!!!!
Kelley Eubanks said…
Awesome take on that challenge!! Very clever!
Winter said…
So pretty! I love the big buttons! :)
Karen said…
Well, my goodness, I am doing a Happy Dance over your interpretation of the Four Elements!!! Love, love, love it! :> I'm a girl who loves my paints, but I do adore my buttons too and am always happy when I can get a lightening bolt flash of inspiration for a new way to use them! :>
Elaine said…
What a terrific interpretation! I love that simplicity!
Cindy Lee said…
Oh my Amy!! I love them all!! Seriously!!!
Angie Tieman said…
Love these button cards!! I've so missed *seeing* you and your fabby cards!!
ivy said…
loving the CB?!wait til you get more folders!

i love buttons.....
Lisa Brown said…
Love this, Amy! Those buttons make a lovely statement!
Savitri said…
Sweet cards!! Love the buttons! Reminds me of the 5th Element movie :)