second chances...

Make sure you check out my Flashback Friday 3.0 post...I have a sponsor and a prize...HERE.

I'm back...crazy, huh? Second post for today...my 3rd project BUT I have a good 'excuse'....


Check out this oh-so-fabbie sketch I found over on the My Minds Eye blog...isn't it great?! Well, wouldn't you know it...tonight is the deadline...I happened to spot it this morning so made a quick trip to the local craft store that tends to carry a bunch of MME...muwahaha...great excuse to buy more of the Lost & Found line...♥♥swoon♥♥



I've been wanting to scrap this pic of me and the man when we were in North Dakota last month...and this layout was perfect...especially the theme we were to work with: Thank You

All the luscious paper is from the Lost and Found line...I absolutely A-D-O-R-E everything in that line...oy vey!

The Thank You Theme:
I believe in karma...the everything happens for a reason theory...I also believe aside from my kidlets, Darin is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He supports everything that I do...he's kind, empathetic...he is thee most fabulous man...ever...I'm thankful for him...for finding him...for being with him. I pretty much knew right from the start that Darin was thee one...I had a mental 'want' list and he fit the ticket...is that the saying {sorry peeps, I didn't grow up with sayings}...

The damask panel has been stitched...I just couldn't stitch through the glittery paper...can you read the quote?

"I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance."

~Maya Angelou~

Oh boy, that's one of those quotes that is a keeper...second chances...I'm so thankful for them...


paper: mme lost and found other: mme two bits, american crafts vinyl thickers, PTI button, misc twine, queen & co pearls

Comments

yyam said…
Awww.....:)

Love the quote! And what a fabbie layout Amy! I'm so happy for you! :)
juli (sweetpz) said…
great layout! love the papers and colours you used!
what a wonderful quote! so true in many cases =)

hugs
juli
Smita said…
Wow!! Wonderful layout... love that quote too.
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING Amy!! I love love love love that photo, the colors... and loving the birdcages! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Lynnda said…
auuuw.... this is so sweet... love the quote...the photo...and yes ... the LO is simply gorgeous... awesome sista...xx
Anthonette said…
What a great quote! I very happy for your second chance. Great layout!
Dora said…
wonderful work Amy, great colors and love the picture!
Spardha said…
beautiful quote!.. and awesome layout!!.. love all the pp! :)
~* steph :) *~ said…
ohyes, those MME lost and found papers are definitely on my wish list! they are super pretty! i love how you used them in your layout! what a great pix! thanks for sharing and have a great friday and weekend! *hugs* steph :)
Jenny said…
Very pretty LO!!! Love this!! So cute!! :) :) :) :)
Mary Dawn said…
i didn't even know mme had a blog!

pretty layout
Sherry Eckblad said…
absolutely beautiful ~ I can't believe you ran to the craft store to buy papers for a challenge that would end that day. Oh wait I can believe that because I used to do that when I first started doing the 365 Challenges.
Laurel said…
Absolutely gorgeous! I would have run to a craft store to do this challenge but no craft store close enough to me!
Tina said…
What a beautiful page!
Anonymous said…
truly, a fanstatic layout. Love the background, love the damask and the splash of red. Love the pic and the love story behind it. Beautiful :D
Bonita Rose said…
I am so thankful for 2nd chances too. hugs
Megan said…
AWwww!!!
I LOVE the quote!!!
You are so talented!!!
Happy Friday, Friend!!!
xo
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a lovely layout!
Samantha Taylor said…
What a beautiful take on the sketch!
Rose said…
well this is stunning!!!
and now i am green with envy as you can "run to the store" and pick up MME paper!! oh well that is what i get for loving a small town as home :)
**your turning "sappy" girl** lol so glad you two found each other :)
Valerie said…
So cool to see a layout Amy. Love this and yes, that paper line is gorgeous!!
Your happy is contaigous - thanks for spreading it around and sharing your story :)
Beth aka BR-T said…
Oh my gosh this is gorgeous Amy I love the color scheme and the great use of vinyl stickers! Beth
Rose said…
Awwwhh! Amy - gorgeous layout and fabbie pictures of you and your beau. Congrats - you both look so happy!! You deserve it girl!! You've got the kind of karma that brings smiles to people's faces - and that's something very special!
Alice said…
wow! this is gorgeous, girl!! LOVE the pps you used and the details are just beautiful!! LOVE IT!!!
Kay said…
Amy, this is amazing! First of all the photo is beautiful (love the black & white) and the papers you used are crazy gorgeous! I adore all the layering and the wonderful embellishments you added. Girl, this is GOOOOD!!!!! You are so blessed you've found your true love! ♥♥ I'm SOOO happy for you, my dear.
♥♥ Kay
Savitri said…
Wow, this LO is FAB FAB FAB!!! I LOVE everything about it and Darin sounds wonderful!!! I believe in karma too and that things happen for a reason. I read some great books on this stuff. Love knowing more.
Tyggereye said…
Great layout! I love seeing your layouts. This one is fab!
Tiffany Heilman said…
love the LO!!! So fabulous and I love what you did with the glittery/vintagey MME line!
Anonymous said…
Just thought I'd let you know that I was searching through your posts for "darin" and came across this layout. Absolutely love it, and the picture is wonderful. It sure sounds like you were married before, had kids, then not married, then time passes, you meet Darin, but because of that previous relationship, you knew what you'd put up with, what you wouldn't put up with, what you could tolerate but not live with, I went through the same thing. Knew before I met Bill what I wanted, didn't want, would put up with, wouldn't tolerate, needed versus wanted, agreed at least 95% with how kids would be raised. Anyway, I'm just so stinkin happy for you!! I didn't have all the cool "this feels RIGHT" feelings during my ex-failure, so it's extremely interesting this time around to see and feel what's different and more appropriate!!