greetings from Seattle



Sunday, already?

I need a vaca from my vaca!

I haven't used that Impress Seattle skyline recently:


This skinny card (3.5 x 5.5) has a lot going on:

die cutting
watercoloring with distress inks (mowed lawn/salty ocean)
stenciling (donna downey/Prima) with distress ink (tumbled glass)
heat embossing with stamp-a-ma-jig

Here's a better shot of the skyline die:


I recently found my vellum tape and love how it works.  I used it in the lower right and left hand corner of the vellum panel.

Don't you love that Chickaniddy Crafts Silver Foil paper?  Looking to add some to your stash?  Scrapbook.com has it in stock!

Gotta love Divine Twine's



I was originally inspired by


(my apologies, it became not so CAS with the stenciling so I'm not linking up but did want to recognize the fact that it was my inspiration)


and thanks to

Moxie Fab World




Comments

Unknown said…
So beautiful and LOVE that silver foil paper. Off to check that out!!!
Miriam Prantner said…
I love your Seattle cards! The background on the jar is gorgeous!
Kelly said…
love the shiny paper! pretty distress inks!
Lynn said…
I love the water color background against the die. Awesome.
Loveeeeeeee this! LOVING that tag with the skyline on it!!!!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Love your card, the vellum, the inks and that foil paper. I might have to find some and try it out.
None None said…
Love, love this, Amy! The background is superb and I love the vellum on the bottom. I think I'm going to have to dig for my vellum tape as I know I have it somewhere....
Trinh said…
I too love the watercolor background. The skyline really pops against it.
Marisa said…
Fabulously done. Love your skyline and mountains in the BG. Waving from Canada just up the Coast :)
SmilynStef said…
Lovin' the bright green & blue
Shannon J said…
Love how the foil paper creates a silhouette against the water colour! I totally think you should enter this!!
Isha Gupta said…
Love this card so much and all the details. That foil is amazing. I need to try some :)
Lynnda said…
Loving the background job and the foil too Sista! Gorgeous card! hugs x
Rose said…
love the background and skyline :)
*still have not opened my distress inks! lol
alexandra s.m. said…
so cool! Love it!
Thank You Amy!
Angi Barrs said…
The watercolors are beautiful. Love this one!
Linby said…
Skyline in a jar, ingenious! I must CASE this idea. Thanks for the inspiration.
Linby x
Keren Baker said…
So much great technique in one little card! Love that silver paper & your distressing is fab! Cool card.
yyam said…
Nicely done. That silver foil paper is fabulous!
Julia Aston said…
what a great sky behind your skyline Amy - love the colors and the silver!
Vicki Dutcher said…
LOVE THIS! The water colored bg is perfect for your weather ;) -- this card also fits into JUGS challenge -- just saying~
Kristie Goulet said…
LOVE this, Amy! The skyline in silver is perfect!!
Awesome card! As Always- LOVE what you create!
Wishing you a great week, hugs, Karin
Ashley Horton said…
Love the city scene on this, Amy! So awesome!
Jinny Newlin said…
Oooo! I just adore this! You put the best things in those little jars, girl, and that skyline has got to be one of my all-time faves!
donna mikasa said…
I'm mesmerized by this card!! How fun to have the Seattle (yay!) landscape in a jar!
Joni Andaya said…
Ooh....so love that foil! What pretty background Amy, Love it :)
cm said…
Oh my...stunning! A skyline in a jar, foil paper, stenciling, watercolouring...all the ingredients for 'fabulous'!
c