Hero Arts Challenge - October




Today starts the new Hero Arts Challenge:  Holiday Cards!  Super fun challenge to get started on your holiday cards.

Here's how I was inspired:

Hero Arts Supplies - cardstock:  hero arts blush mix/snow layering papers, hero arts kraft  stamps:  CG675 woodgrain prints by lia, C6015 beauty of the season  ink:  cup 'o joe, unicorn, hero hues black  other:  poinsettia cutting set by lia, sunshine mixed accents

I'm on an exposed corrugated cardboard kick.  I had a panel from a recent crafty order that I received.  I covered my base with it and layered up.  The Poinsettia Cutting Set by Lia is wonderful!  Love how this can be used on cards or packaging or banners or....

I worked with the Hero Arts Blush Mix Layering papers for the bloom....I simply scored each petal in half and used a small paintbrush handle to curl the edges.  The leaves have been cut in Snow layering paper and then I quickly painted them with green watercolor paint.  The sentiment flag is Kraft paper that has been stamped with Woodgrain  Bold Prints by Lia in Cup 'O Joe.  The sentiment is Beauty of the Season that has been stamped in Black Hero Hues

I'm on an exposed corrugated cardboard kick.  I had a panel from a recent crafty order that I received.  I covered my base with it and layered up.  The Poinsettia Cutting Set by Lia is wonderful!  Love how this can be used on cards or packaging or banners or....

I simply topped off the poinsettia with a couple Sunshine Mixed Accents.

Make sure you swing by the Hero Arts Blog for all the details!

Comments

Unknown said…
This is gorgeous Amy!! Love that poinsettia & the texture of the cardboard underneath looks Awesome!! Love it!!
Love love love this! LOVING that poinsettia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sylvia said…
Beautiful seasonal card, Amy...you were really inspired, that bloom is beautiful! thanks for the sweet package of goodies you sent...was well appreciated on Saturday when it arrived. Will be using in the near future! Blessings for Monday, hope your trip was good!
That dimensional poinsettia is gorgeous! Love your awesome take on this challenge!
PiecesbyEmily said…
I just want to put that poinsettia on my ponytail :). So pretty!!
paola said…
Gorgeous poinsettia Amy! :)
Audrey Pettit said…
OMGOSH! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
I Card Everyone said…
OOOOh ... happy *sigh* ... just perfection.
=]
cm said…
So sweet, Amy...loving the *kraft* and pink...
Hugs~c
Shelly said…
Okay seriously, you're gonna make me go on a 'exposed corrugated cardboard' kick! lol This is GORGEOUS!! Love, love, love!
Migdalia said…
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M
Happy Dance said…
What an amazing card, Amy! That pink is just about the prettiest ever, and made into a poinsettia was the perfect use for it. Really elegant and then popped on torn corrugated paper. Brilliant. Love this. Bev
Clare said…
This is so pretty! I really need to try out that corrugated paper!
Annette Allen said…
wow that flower is gorgeous..
Keren Baker said…
Love that flower- love Lia's stuff! Must get me some corrugated card- love what you do with it! x
Beth H. said…
I adore this! Love all of the texture and dimension. So beautiful!
jessica said…
Gorgeous project Amy!!!!
Helen F. said…
Sooooo pretty! Love this Poinsettia on the corrugated panel :-)
Cris G. said…
I don't know how I missed this beauty, Amy... simply WOW! Love that corrugated wonder and the BBB (Big Bold Bloom)!
Gail said…
Beautiful card! Lovely! TFS