Hero Arts: Cup of Cheer




Hello, we've been enjoying warmer weather in the pacific northwest!  It's always such a treat for us but I have to admit our last couple of summers have been a smidge too warm for me.

I decided to play with the Hero Arts Stamp Your Own Succulents set:


I used the Coffee Cup Tag Frame Cuts for my 'vase'.   I love the combo of the Floral Mix Layering Papers with the greens.  The succulents have been colored with Copics.  One of my favorite combos:

YG03 + YG25

Do you spy the bit of BV02 on the larger succulent?  It's very subtle but in real life it's a nice addition.  I used the Coffee Cup Tag Frame Cuts on the Starbucks sleeve and just shortened it up.  The background is Distress Spray Stain - Mermaid Lagoon.


I was inspired by the latest Sketch Saturday:


I was also inspired by CASology:


Everybody in my household knows that I'm a black thumb.  Today's project is the best type of plant for me💚




Comments

Ohhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeee this!!!!!!!!! LOVING those succulents!!!!!
Shelly said…
This is awesome! I'm loving those succulents and your background!
Lisa said…
Love this! Those succulents are beautiful and love the blue splatter... yes... the bv on the succulents... awesome touch!
Michelle Short said…
What a fun idea, Amy! I love it!
Happy Dance said…
I can grow pretty much anything, as long as it's outdoors. Indoors...not so much! I do love that you've put a little succulent garden in a coffee cup! We do that (those that can, and it isn't me) in real life, so why not on a card?! Love that pretty paper, too! Another gorgeous card, my friend. Hope your summer is cooler this year. Bev
Billie A said…
I love the idea of the succulent's coming out of the coffee cup. Great idea and I can see that happening. Great idea. I can now see them in shoes, boots, thanks for opening my eyes.. I love this card. So creative
donna mikasa said…
From one black thumb to another--I LOVE your card! And YG03 is my fave Copic color, too-perfect for those succulents!
Amy Rohl said…
Love your cup of succulents, so clever!
Helen Gullett said…
Love this cup of succulents, Amy! LOVE how you mix the stamps and dies.
Darnell said…
I would recognize this as your work of art anywhere, Amy! You've done a magnificent job of combining the awesome and trendy succulents with your trademark coffee cup! Brilliant! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell
Karen B. said…
A perfect and clever way to add a touch of coffee to your card!
Jacquie Southas said…
Such a pretty cup of succulents, Amy! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!
Unknown said…
What a great combo, Amy! Love those succulents in that luscious green! So glad you could join us at CASology this week!
Miriam Prantner said…
Love the combination of succulents and coffee, so pretty!