Tangy Pomegranate



This is one of the many projects that I made on Sunday. It was a day filled with therapeutic crafting! On Saturday I wandered into Bath & Body Works and stumbled across their Midnight Pomegranate line. It smelled great, it was on sale and the colors were perfect...black and Purely Pomegranate...what could be better? I took the orange from Tart & Tangy set and transformed it into Pomegranates! I must confess that I've never actually consumed a pomegranate so I was thankful that the B&BW stuff had a picture of it..LOL..The "dots" on the pomegranates are made by my Sakura Stardust pen....it has a wonderful glitter to it. What's that I see peeking out of the sides of the bucket? Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon? I made 3 of these puppies...2 for my ds' teachers and 1 to a co-worker that celebrated her birthday on Sunday.

P.S. I wanted to thank Jen del Muro of i{heart}2stamp who enabled me into buying several bags of Michael's "baubles"...They were even on Clearance! I used them for the centers of the pomegranates on the tin.
-----------------------------------------
stamps: stampin' up tiny talk, tart & tangy and warm words paper: purely pomegranate ink: purely pomegranate and versafine onyx black accesories: t's $1 bucket, m's $1 ribbon, m's faux dew drops, crystal effects, sakura stardust pen, square scallop punch, coluzzle, offray gingham

Comments

Pinky Roth said…
Amy, I love this altered bucket filled w/B&BW stuff! It is so cool, and this little stamp set is so versatile as well.

Pinky
Trish D said…
What a great gift - and that galvanized bucket coordinates beautifully with the colors, too.

BTW, you really must try a pomegrandate someday! They're messy and NOT good for a quick snack (all those seeds take awhile to set free :) but oh so yummy, plus healthy to boot!
Lauren said…
This is an awesome idea! The color combination is stunning.
Anonymous said…
AMY I just got this set & ink :)
GREAT Idea. I saw those buckets @ Target too...yey :)
Im so bored i have jury duty today lalalalala :)
Allison Rankin said…
Fun idea...I wish we had a Target in Canada!
Julia Aston said…
What wonderful gift buckets Amy! love the colors on these!
Elaine said…
Yummy!! This is just temptalicious, Amy! How looks like a really fun gift too! Pomegranates are good! You should try one!
Carolina said…
So adorable Amy! Love the colors and the bucket is too cute...funny I guess we're both on the same creative ride - I'm posting a bucket tomorrow for my Altered Day Thursday. Love working with them and thanks for the inspiration on what you did with yours!
Lisa Carroll said…
I love this color combination - so striking! What a fab gift! Sure to be a hit. ;)
JenMarie said…
O. M. Gosh! Ok...I'm SOOOO getting this set now...
Silke Ledlow said…
This is awesome - love the idea!!!