Life is Good

On Friday, I made a stop at the most fabulous Seattle A Muse store. I love that place :) It is always so much fun to be there...I always loop through twice since there is sooo much to see and "take in". I contained my spending...mostly....I only bought a couple stamps, a bottle of stickles and 3 sheets of thee most gorgeous 12x12 dp...you'll see that soon.

Earlier this week, I tapped into SCS's buy forum and found a gal selling a LOAD of A Muse images....oh my goodness....I bought a ton...what can I say....I **love** A Muse! I've been sooo good about NOT tapping into the buy forum and then *BAM*...

This is for a co-worker of mine {hi r!}. We're celebrating her birthday today along with another gal's {hi k!}. As I was trying to figure out what I wanted to design for her, I knew it had to do something with dogs...puppies. She just adopted not one but two litter mates! I don't know if you can tell, but I used my white signo pen on the roof and the dog bones {my inkssentials was downstairs and I was creating upstairs...call me lazy}. I also glitterized the bones...I had to add some glitz!

I have soooooo much ribbon it is insane...I "found" the wide chocolate and green grosgrain at the bottom of my green bag....I have my ribbons in humongous zip lock bags by color. It is a system that works for me...I just grab the colors that I think will work for my project and find what I like. I keep my SU and RABOM solid grosgrain separate from the others..those are in ribbon keepers. What do YOU do with your RIBBONS?! I'd love to hear about your ribbon organization...

---------------------------------------------------------------

stamps: a muse paper: fabriano ink: versafine vintage sepia, signo white gel pen, copic yg03 accessories: rabom grosgrain

Comments

JenMarie said…
Oh how fun! If I EVER get up to Seattle, I'll SO be going to A Muse!!
Jenn said…
Super cute!!! I love the glitterized bones and that beautiful ribbon! :D
Lauren said…
Super cute. Those images are adorable.
Jill said…
Cute, cute card! I love those paper lanterns too--what a fun place to shop!
Carolina said…
Oh how fun you got to go to A Muse - you know it's been on my list forever and can't wait to see your projects with your new creations!

The card is adorable - love the color combo and the yummy ribbon!
Julia Aston said…
Fun puppy card! congrats on the big amuse hit! I'm so jealous that you get to go to the 'original' Amuse store!! I'd be going round that place much more than twice! and how you ever contained yourself to the little that you bought!..... I'll never know!?!?!

I store my ribbons in plastic containers (like shoe boxes only see thru and with click shut tops) I keep on a shelf above my work table... and I store them by what kind of ribbon - grosgrain, figured grosgrain, satin, sheer etc - I have two just for my PTI ribbons as I keep them separate. It seems to work for me.
Carla said…
Several things: This card is adorable, she will LOVE it!

Don't you adore your inkssentials pen? I like it way better than the signo.

My ribbon is in a huge basket, a sewing basket, and a large iris cart drawer. It's completely unorganized, and a total disaster. I think I might try your bag idea. You don't take it off the spool, do you?

What's RABOM?
Elaine said…
Since I can't get my act together, I have about 19 different ribbon storage methods in place!LOL Most of the problem is the big rolls of May Arts Ribbons...they just don't store as cute as some of the other kind of ribbons (like the ones on spools in big apothecary jars) or the ones in cute ribbon holder boxes....on and on, it's best if I dont' go into it too much....
Your doggie card is simply adorable! I know she'll love it and probably need to have you make more of them! LOL
Anonymous said…
Oh, SUPER cute!!! Awesome card and I LOVE the colors and ribbon!!
Angie Tieman said…
Super cute card for the new doggies!! So thoughtful of you! Can't believe how cute and perfect that polka dot ribbon is! I MUST get to Seattle sometime to hit the A Muse store, I'm so jealous!