Vintage Red and Black



I originally "tried" to modge podge the beautiful Jenni Bowlin dp onto these fun 4x4 canvases...oh boy, what a bubbly mess. I ended up ripping off the paper from the canvas {thoroughly disgusted with it}. I tried again but ditched the modge podge and picked up my favorite red liner tape...that stuff rocks. I broke out my Making Memories paint and slapped it on the sides...viola! Super easy project that I was able to do last night inbetween soccer practices. Great gift for the birthday girl tonight.

I've always had a fascination with canvas art...check out Donna and Elsie.....ahhhh....such creativity....I absolutely LOVE it...Okay so the only paint that I used was the black on the sides but hey, I finished my project :)
-----------------------------------------
supplies: jenni bowlin mini vintage black and mini vintage red papers, making memories black acrylic paint, red liner tape and 4x4 stretch canvases.

Comments

Julia Aston said…
what beautiful paper on these panels Amy! Great gift idea!
Lauren said…
So pretty! Love them.
Savitri said…
AAAAH, soooo pretty!!! Love them!
I tried the modge podge thing too and it was ok. I used it over paint though so it wasn't bubbly. Under paper, hmmm... Love Elsie too, she's so good with the artist stuff... wish I am too :)
Angie Tieman said…
Great idea! These are super cute, love that Jenni paper! I'm with you, I never get good results with that Modge Podge.
Shelly said…
Wow, these are gorgeous! I LOVE the feel of these papers, stunning!
WOW! Beautiful! Well worth the effort! I've got so much to catch up on here... my computer has been on the blitz and haven't been able to get online. Missed seeing your awesome creations, girl! You rock! ~ Jane
Susan said…
these are so beautiful, Amy! love Jenni Bowlin's stuff too... so glad you hung in there
Allison Rankin said…
This is such a neat idea...I was thinking of making something similar with full 12" sheets...hmm...
Elaine said…
Hi Girlie,

Thanks for your welcome home message :) It was hard to leave - knowing that things will never be the same - kwim? Anywho, your rockin project is so cool! I've got to see what you were up to while I was gone. I did a scrapbook in 24 hours (with overnighted shipping from SU - can't believe it actually got finished!)
Catherine said…
wow.. this is so pretty =)
Carla said…
These are SO cool, Amy! How did I miss these the first go round? Did a day go by when I didn't stop by your blog? The shame, the shame!!!