1 year Blog*iversary and Halloween RAK

Well, today I celebrate 1 year...it was exactly 1 year ago that I started my blog. It seems so very long ago. Check out my first post! My photography has improved, by a ton...good grief, I should have cropped that photo {sigh}.
What a wonderful journey it has been and continues to be. I have "met" the most wonderful friends...people that share the passion that I so enjoy...being creative. I actually have met Carolina...at a Copic class. I've also had the recent pleasure of meeting Pam {SCS dacpam}...then there's Jennifer Pebbles..prior to blogging I met Julie Ebersole and Novell. Everyone is beyond kind, fun and fabulous...that seems to be the requirement if you are creative :) The crafting/creative blogging community is sooo welcoming and comfortable to be a part of. I'm sooo very glad that I took the plunge last year...I had tried a couple times to start a blog and for whatever reason, I eventually managed to start this one. I'm so not techie but thanks to peeps like Allison, I'm learning new things. Thanks for being a part of this journey with me...If you haven't yet, please check out my Blog*iversary Blog Candy...

On to my card...I cased myself! I took my Bowlin Butterfly card and used Basic Grey's Perhaps dp. Isn't it amazing how much of an impact dp can have on a card? I don't know if you can tell by the photo but I used the Stampin' Up! "embrace life" sentiment in the lower right hand corner {via versafine vintage sepia}. This has gone postal to a tropical island for a gal that is celebrating her birthday this week...tropical island...boy that sounds good.

Check out the FABulous Halloween RAK that I received from the most magnificent Carla over at Paper Pastorale! She makes me feel like the lazy stamper that I am...check out all the LAYERS and embellies! Yes, that would be mummies on the black ribon...lol...


Thanks Carla...I truly LOVE it...it is quite the treasure and frankly, I plan on popping it into a shadow box and it'll be coming out every Halloween!

Remember, the blog candy will be open until Friday, November 7th until midnite.

Have a super Thursday!!!

Comments

Rose Ann said…
Happy Blogiversary, Amy!! Your butterfly is gorgeous, and I love those papers paired with it!! Great RAK as well!!
Cindy Haffner said…
Happy 1 year Blog*iversary, your blog rocks.
Carla said…
Oh, YIKES! I was so shocked to see my card here! You take much better pix than I do, thanks for making it look good! Amy, you are truly a bright spot for all of us, and I know I can speak for the blogging community when I say, I'm glad you're here!"
Lauren said…
Happy Blogiversay. Great RAK and wonderful card.
Jenn said…
Happy Blogoversary!!! :D So glad you are here to share with us your beautiful creations every day...you truly are amazing! :D I love the beautiful butterfly card...so very pretty! And I love Carla's Halloween card...too cute! :D Thanks again Amy for always inspiring us!!! :D
Bunny B said…
Happy 1 Year! Keep up the awesome work!! :)
Angie Tieman said…
Happy official Blogiversary! Beautiful card, I loved that original Jenni Bowlin butterfly card. I think your first post was darned cute and way better than my "early" photographs!
Catherine said…
Happy Blogiversary, Amy!!!
This is absolutely stunning. That pattern paper is so pretty and just perfect for the huge beautiful butterfly :)
Jill said…
This card rocks. 'Nuff said. :)
Elaine said…
What a darling card!
Anonymous said…
Happy anniversary Amy! Your cards are beyond perfection - simple yet so well thought out and full of details. Perfection at one year hmmm where will two years you take you? Can't wait to find out!

hugs
Suzy
Carolina said…
Wow the butterfly card is just stunning!!!

Beautiful RAK from Carla, she's just amazing.
Anonymous said…
congratulations AMY :)
Hey Amy...

Happy Blog-O-Versary!!!! You've got great stuffs here. Just wanted to pop on in and say hello to you.... I am going to be serving on the same 2 Scoops team as you will be.

Much Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen
lauren bergold said…
must...have...bowlin...butterflies... HOLY MOLY i ♥loooooove♥ this card!!! that BG pattern is one of my very very faves and i love the way you have selectively cut it JUST RIGHT to make it look like the butterfly was "factory installed" so to speak! must...have...bowlin...butterflies... :)
Julia Aston said…
Congrats, congrats Amy!! isn't it funny to look back at how we did things a year ago!!

I love your butterfly on the beautiful paper - simply stunning!
Flower said…
I'm a bit late, but Congrats on one year! This is a beautiful card to mark the occasion. I adore it!