happy EVERYTHING

Don't you love cards that just fall in place....especially when you literally only have 10 minutes to stamp? This is a group birthday card that went to my dear friend. We've know each other for over 20 years. She is my "fussy" friend....lots of style....tells you like she sees it...a true friend :) You know when you're looking around for thee perfect gift? I thought that I found it for this friend of mine. She is, as I mentioned before, fussy. She is a minimalist...doesn't want a lot of clutter. I went out on a limb and picked up 4 gorgeous mercury glass votive holders...not just mercury glass but each of the votive holders have thee best bling on them...1950's cocktail clip earring type bling....really indescribable but I know when I've found thee perfect gift when it resulted in a *gasp* and that it is fireplace mantel worthy...Woo Hoo!!!
-------------------------------
stamps: impress, stampin' up always & cute converse paper: stampin' up basic gray ink: versafine onyx black accessories: may arts silk ribbon

Comments

Angie Tieman said…
Wowzers! This is gorgeous! Love this dramatic color combination! Your gift sounds amazing, post a picture!!
Savitri said…
Awesome!! I LOVE the gray look. It looks elegant. I don't go with this combo because I thought it'd look drabby but no... now I must try :)
Becky Carafa said…
Oh this is just beautiful! Very striking and elegant!

Yeah, I am on a Kim Hughes kick, I want ALL her stuff, lol!
Julia Aston said…
Another chandelier card - what a surprise (!!!) this is wonderful for your minimalist friend Amy! I want to see the gift??!!!
Nicole said…
Everything did fall into place on this one! Tres chic!
Jenn said…
Gorgeous card Amy!!! Love these colors...so pretty! :D
Marlou McAlees said…
stunning card Amy, such a gorgeous stamp!! :)
Catherine said…
You got to take a picture of gift :)
and your card...just plain gorgeous, as always. love the simplicity of all your cards.
Catherine said…
You got to take a picture of gift :)
and your card...just plain gorgeous, as always. love the simplicity of all your cards.
Rose Ann said…
This is gorgeous, and the colors are perfect (you are really making me want this stamp, Amy). ;)
Linda Beeson said…
Oh, I am so in love with that chandelier and how simple and stunning this turned out. I just picked up a stamp similar - I have to see if it is the same one.
Lynn Put said…
Your card is so sharp looking, very elegant! I'm sure your friend will love it!
Jill said…
You execute "simple" with such beauty and elegance. Thanks for the inspiration. :)
SmilynStef said…
Such elegant colors ... lovely.
Ann said…
Wow! This is gorgeous! Love the clean look and the colors! :D
WOW Amy! This is so classy! Love the simplicity of it and the ribbon is the perfect addition!
Anonymous said…
Simple but gorgeous card! Great job on finding the gift for the hard to buy for friend.
lauren bergold said…
oh WOW...ok now see...chandelier obsession...i am totally seeing the attraction in that... :) (YUUUMMMMMMMM! this is indeed BOTH minimalist & funky...which is a hard line to walk...but you have *SO* done it!)