Howdy and organized chaos!

Happy Friday!!!

I've been waiting for Friday...the last couple weeks have been way too busy. I'm exhausted, no other word for it, exhausted.

Last night was my son's soccer pizza party...tomorrow is his last game of the season...whew! After his soccer game we're headed to a birthday party....not just any birthday party but my nephew's 1st birthday!!! We're doing a western theme...bought him a fun stuffed horse similar to this one. We actually found his at a garage sale...it cracked me up so much that I had to pick it up. I realize that a 1 year old won't be able to ride it BUT his two sisters (4 & 3) will love it. This week I picked up a cowboy hat and bandanna...also added this book {ahhh, we read this to the kids when THEY were younger}. I also had to pick up a tee that says: "My Aunt Rocks!".

I finally cracked open my Cowboy Kid...I bought it from someone {was that you Julie?}...my memory is soo bad. Anyways, I knew that I wanted to do something using that set and came up with this little 4.25 inch square card...LOVING that fabulous striped Stampin' Up ribbon. I knew that I wouldn't have any problems using the stuff since I decided against it for my Christmas cards...it is sooo versatile.

I'm chuckling that I'm actually sharing this picture...this is where it all happens..lol. This is what happens to my workspace when I'm working on projects for my Holiday Gift Fair. At one point, I swiped everything off of the desk top so that I could work on projects...Guess what I'm doing on Sunday? I'm getting organized to start the process all over again. We're planning another Gift Fair in December....I'm getting closer to my iPod Touch :)

--------------------------------------

stamp: cowboy kid ink: stampin' up riding hood red, versafine vintage sepia paper: ds dp riding hood red, chocolate chip & misc kraft accessories: misc chipboard, stampin' up striped ribbon

Comments

Rose Ann said…
What a great card, Amy!! I love those colors, your wide ribbon, and that big chipboard "1"! Great background too!! Good luck with your organizing!
Lauren said…
Fabulous card. It's perfect. I love you workspace. :)
Savitri said…
Awesome card, gal! The "1" is just too cute!! Nice workspace too and as "clean" as mine :) I need to tidy up!
Holly Young said…
What a great card! I think the horse will be a big hit! Have fun organizing your craft area this weekend. Maybe you'll find something you forgot you had!
Jessica said…
Your card is soo cute! I love it!
Marlou McAlees said…
love your card Amy, its fab!!! and love your workspace, I love seeing other crafters workspaces/rooms :) x
Allison Rankin said…
Such a terrific card...love the image, colors and embellies! Your space is nothing compared to my nightmare...I can't see the floor for all the DP!
Janine said…
Great card Amy!!! Love your work space... Looks like you have been creating big time!!
Spendthrift said…
Hey! Miles' aunt rocks!! :)
Love the desk photo - it does embody "organized chaos."
Carolina said…
Your desk photo cracks me up is like you took a pic of my craft room! Augh...might have to be doing the same thing on Sunday with my room - LOL!

Love the card the background you created is just perfect with the chipboard and the yummy ribbon!
Catherine said…
what a cute card, Amy.
oh man, my craft AREA is much worst than this...LOL! Have fun organizing this weekend.
Kim Dellow said…
Gorgeous card, And WOW to you fab workspace :) Kim
lauren bergold said…
happy birthday little nephew dude...btw...your aunt does indeed rock considerably!!! :)
Anonymous said…
oooh I love organization time :)
Good luck amy!!!!
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful card. Your stamping area looks like a fun place to work.
Susan said…
why that looks positively neat in my eyes, Amy!!! but I can't see any gorgeous chandeliers...come on, girl, you've got to have one hanging from the middle of your ceiling!!!

I will be praying for you to have super rest in the time you do have this weekend!

Hugs,
Susan
Elaine said…
Amy,
You're a great Aunty! The card fits the theme of your gift giving vignette wonderfully! I love your space...at least you can see the desktop! LOL Good luck dearest! I hope you get to take a break soon! I'm on vacation all this week if you can get away one of the mornings/days.
Anonymous said…
Fabulous card Amy! I Love you did the chipboard "1" and had everything stamped in the western theme. How fun that you could theme the present, the card and everything to the birthday theme!
Latisha said…
I love the card and the ribbon you used!!! What a cute card.
I think all of us have messy areas around this time of year lol
Stacey said…
I love everything about this card. Fab layout! ~x~
Angie Tieman said…
Love your cowboy card! All the cowboy stuff sounds just precious! Love your desk picture too, so glad I'm not the only one! I'm trying to gather the energy to go in there and tackle the mess right now, sigh. lol!
Unknown said…
Oh this is a super cute card Amy!! The paisley background is so fun! So glad you love the set! :) Happy Thanksgiving!!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous card. Your blog is so much fun. I may not comment much, but I love to read it! Have a great Thanksgiving!