Giggling Sunshine

{patting myself on the back}...I love that title "Giggling Sunshine"....just makes me warm inside.

I'm typing up this blog post on Sunday morning....the kids are still asleep and the house is quiet {& cold}. Yesterday the local news was saying that we are in for another winter storm tonight. {sigh} I'm so tired of the snow...I was just enjoying the ability to pop into my car and drive where I wanted...I knew that I wanted to create a happy {translation = warm} card...

I've started to break into my goodies...can you believe that it has taken me this long to order from Unity Stamps? I have always admired their images but just never taken the plunge...well, they were having a fabulous sale so I picked up Giggle Grove, Becoming Butterfly and So & So Loves...it was super difficult to not order more...but Mrs. Claus did a good job :) So I teamed up the Giggle Grove trees with Stampin' Up Haiku designer paper & the perfect A Muse sentiment. I did a smidge of sewing on the So Saffron scalloped panel {much to my kids' dismay...it interrupts their tv viewing...rollin' my eyes..}
--------------------------------------
stamps: unity stamp company, a muse ink: memento rich cocoa paper: stampin' up haiku/so saffron, speckletone kraft accessories: misc wired gingham ribbon, janome

Comments

Susan said…
this could be a double post, but I do like this card!!! It's like a breath of fresh spring. I love the big flowers on that tree and your pattern choices are striking. cute little sentiment also! Happy back to the real world.
Kim Dellow said…
Oh so gorgeous Amy. We woke up to snow this morning but it went within ours. It hardly ever snows here :( Kim
Janine said…
Amy!! Beautiful card!! Love the fresh colors!!
Have a great day!
Lauren said…
Super cute! I love the paper you used for the trees. It's perfect.
Ann said…
I am diggin' these colors, and the stamping on dp, and the sewing, not to mention the ribbon...yeah, I'm pretty much in love with this card. ;)
Carolina said…
What an adorable card Amy...glad you broke down because you did an amazing job with these trees...love the overall look of your card!
Lisa Brown said…
I LOVE how you used your Haiku paper on this card...very pretty!
Marlou McAlees said…
oh wow!!! such a gorgeous card Amy, and I looove those stamps, they are on my wish list :) x
Carla said…
Sometimes we have to inconvenience the little beasties, it makes them tough! Besides, this card was worth it!! Love the stitching and the scallops!!
Elaine said…
That's so funny you mention the kids tv watching getting interrupted with your sewing. Mine used to say the same thing! Hey guess what, girlfriend, I order from Unity too!! For the first time! I had won something from them a long time ago but never ordered...I hope my stuff gets here soon! How do you get your packages so quickly? Do you express ship on them?
Unknown said…
Such a fun card Amy! Love the mix of papers - great job!! :)
Rose Ann said…
I LOVE your patterned trees, Amy!! Soooo pretty!!
Stacey said…
I love this warm sunny card Amy. It's freezing here at the mo and this is the perfect card to defrost me! ~x~ P.S. Thank you for my gorgeous Christmas card and for the lovely message inside! What a cutester you are ~x~
Julia Aston said…
I just love the colors on these papers Amy! and I love the new stamp set - great trees!
Savitri said…
Love it! I have some Unity Stamps that I've never used. Two sets of them. Bad me. I loved them but after I got them they weren't calling me. Ahh...
lauren bergold said…
this is TOTALLY warm and pretty and FABULOUS!!!

(ps: wouldn't it be cool if you really could SEND somebody **SUNSHINE**??!?! of course...just IMAGINE the postage on that...on second thought...) :)
Julie said…
I saw this on SCS and it's just totally ADORABLE! I've been eyeing those Unity Stamps too but am too chicken to try them yet!!