hog heaven

Have you checked out the Card Positioning Systems sketch 99? This is my take on it and yes, I'm using Sassafras again, this one is called Hog Heaven.I could seriously wall paper my place in Sassafras...love the stuff!

This card wouldn't probably make it through the USPS. Those embellies are glass Gothic Rosettes by EK Success..from my old stash. I'm trying to use the old to make room for the new. I thought that the card looked plain jane {yes, I know that the sassafras is pretty busy but there is no ribbon or bling...} so I glitterized the edges of the sassafras panel. The pink is Stampin' Up Pixie Pink..one of my favs. This will make a perfect valentine's day greeting.

I'm typing this up on Tuesday evening...right before American Idol...One show that I make an effort to watch....this week it will be on 2 nights/2 hours each night...sheesh...cutting into my creative time :)

This quote popped up on my google home page and it made me chuckle:

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
~Jack London~

Have a great Wednesday!!

Comments

Lea L. said…
This card is so pretty....I just love that paper! Making me want to break it out! Great job with sketch 99 and thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea
Anonymous said…
Beautiful job! Thanks for visiting!

XOXO
Sara
Unknown said…
Gorgeous! Love hte colors and design. The embellishments are stunning! I've never seen those before!
Anonymous said…
WOW!! This is such a fabulous design!! Those rosettes are gorgeous!!! TFS!! :)
JenMarie said…
Your card is stunning!
Amazing embellies!
lauren bergold said…
you know, sometimes the paper line names are as cool as THE PAPER--kinda like OPI nail polish names! (hog heaven! woohoo!)

♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ THIS!
(if you put it in an oversized envie with a piece of corrugated cardboard on the side with the glass bits, it'll go. you'll have to pay extra for it being non-bendy, though.)
Michelle said…
What a beautiful card. Pink and brown are my absolute FAVES!!! Your making me want to run out and grab some of that paper!!

Michelle
Becky Carafa said…
Those embellies are totally rockin'!!! Love the dp.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful card Amy! I love those rosettes and the dp.
ivy said…
i can never find that brand 'round my LSS. i'd hate to pay a couple dollas for a few sheets of paper when the shipping will be more than the paper on-line. **hmph** i LOVE their papers and designs!!

beautiful card. have a suppa day girl!
Ann said…
Wow! I love those glass rosettes! Awesome dp, too! :D
Cheryl said…
Wow, very pretty card! Thanks for stopping by my blog too.
KeeponScrappin said…
♥ the embellies! Super cute card. I ♥ all the colors.
Rose Ann said…
This is beautiful, Amy!! I love that Sassafras paper and gorgeous Rosettes!! Fabulous design!!
Joy said…
just too cute this card...love the glass embellishments...love the colors too!
Elaine said…
Great embellishing! I like the glass rosettes - too bad they would not make it through the mail - especially THESE days! Maybe you could cover something on your desk with the Sassafrass paper...not the same as a room, but you know what I mean! LOL
Unknown said…
Beautiful card Amy!! Love that pretty paper and those rosettes are amazing!! So pretty! :)
Angie Tieman said…
Awesome card, so fun and fresh!!

I LOVE that Jack London quote! I feel just like that so much of the time! lol!
Latisha said…
this is the bomb diggity...love love this!!
Savitri said…
That CPS sketch is cool! I should try it tonight! Love the papers too. Oh, I haven't bought anything new since Oct! Well, I do still get my monthly Scarlet Lime kit... but that doesn't count :)
AB. said…
Stunning card!! The paper is gorgeous and those Gothic Rosettes are somethin' else - totally cool!
Peace & love
Alison xx
Jennifer E. said…
Cute card! I love your embellishments. Thanks for trying the CPS Sketch!
Charity Hassel said…
ooh, those buttons are cool! thanks for using the cps sketch!