my happy place

I had New Years Day off and managed to only make 1 card...sheesh! I spent most of the morning de-decorating the house from all of the holiday festivities. Why does it seem like it takes longer to take down the tree than putting it up? I finally got to play with my sweet Hero Arts Big Owl..I just {heart} her! I just received my full size Memento Rich Cocoa pad {love those dew drops but this image is huge}. The velvet flower with the bling is ala Maya Road.

It has been a while since I've shared an Higher Awareness:


What inspires you?


“It is never about how good your voice is; it is only about feeling the urge to sing, and then having the courage to do it with the voice you are given.”
-- Katie in ‘True to Form’ by Elizabeth Berg


How often have you allowed fear and your inner critic to stop you from doing something you were inspired to do?

Helen Keller said,
"Life is either a grand adventure or nothing.”

When we allow fear and criticism to stop us in our tracks, we give up that grand adventure. What a waste!

“Be an all-out, not a hold-out.”
-- Norman Vincent Peale

**Did you notice my new profile pic--------->
there is a new curling iron in our household...really, it's been since high school since I've personally used one but my daughter wanted one and she's been having some fun with it :)
--------------------------------
stamps: hero arts big owl, stampin' up cute converse ink: memento rich cocoa, copic rv23, rv21 & e33 paper: stampin' up close to cocoa/pretty in pink, mme stack, misc white accessories: corner rounder, maya road velvet flower

Comments

Ann said…
Hey, curly girl! Thanks for the words of wisdom today. Good thoughts for a new year.

Love your card! I have some of those Maya Road flowers...need to dig those out and use 'em! :D
Carla said…
I noticed your hair instantly-even before I noticed the adorable owl!! Your hair looks great curly!! I'm feeling like I must have some of those velvet flowers. MUST, I say!
Lauren said…
Super cute card amy! I love it. Happy New Year to you. I hope you find all the time you want to craft. hehe.
Latisha said…
Look at your supa cute picture! What an adorable little owl card, love the velvet flower!
Ethel Amutan said…
Happy New Year, Amy! I noticed your new profile pic, too! Very cute! I agree about takinig down the Christmas decor. It does take longer to take down and put away than it does to put out. Happy New Year to you and yours!
Anonymous said…
I love that owl, but would you believe I've yet to put it to ink! *for shame* =)

Your card is SO cute! I love all the pink!
Anonymous said…
I'm lovin' the new profile pic! And can we talk about the owl? Wow! That's a big stamp! And so so cute. I really like the light colors you used.
Angie Tieman said…
Look at you, such a cute young thing with the curly hair! Does "D" like it better curly or straight?! =)

LOVE your big, darling owl! You beat me to it, no surprise there! lol! Love the colors you used and the rounded edges and pink flower, DARLING!
Lisa Brown said…
Love your card, amy! that owl is precious!---Your curls darling, too. Love the new pic!
LOL!! At least you got to de-decorate... my stuffs are still dangling around the house n' garage. It seems sooo much harder to take them down than to put them up.

Your card is adorable. I love them owls!!

Hugs,
Jen
Rose Ann said…
Your big owl is adorable, Amy!! I love the soft colors and pretty flower!! You look great in your new picture, and I love the curls!!
Julia Aston said…
Love that owl! I'm seeing him everywhere lately! so cute! so your curls are why you look different!!! how fun!!
Natty said…
Oh god... I love that stamp!!!

I so didn't need to see another cute owl, but that card is totally gorgeous! :oD
lauren bergold said…
oof i am SO GLAD you reminded me to say, "i ♥LOVE♥ your new picture!" it's totally gorrrgeous! ...so much so...i even forgive you for lookin' about 19 years old, dagnabbit...which i think is truly magnanimous of me!!!) :) :) :)

(ps: the owl card is BEYOND AWESOME! if you're only gonna make one card...that's *SO* the one to make!!!)
lauren bergold said…
pss: de-christmas-ification takes approximately 2.7 million times longer than the original christmas-ifyin' does...because it is 7.2 gazillion times less fun! bleck. (we did it on new year's day...& i'm still a big sad...ah well...)
Carolina said…
Happy New Year! Sorry haven't been in a while and boy have I've been missing out...your card is adorable!

Your curls are darlin'...like the new pic!
Savitri said…
What cuteness!!! Love the image and love the colors!!
Anonymous said…
"D" loves the hair...both ways! ;-)

(how is that for a politically correct answer?)