arigato

Good Thursday Morning!!!!

Today is my day over at 365 Cards and Pam's Challenge is:

Make it the sentiment, the background, or a single image - as long as you make it computer generated.

One would think that with all the time {hours and hours} that I spend on the computer that I would be a smidge techie....nope. I leave all that to 'd'. Here's the thing, I work on one of those cute netbooks, actually just got it earlier this year. My free MS Word has expired so I was trying to figure out how I was going to tackle this challenge. I actually ended up just printing out the sentiment via the "notepad" feature...

Okay, you were waiting for it right? In my true form the top card with the pom poms was my tweaked version of this card:

What I typically do is finish a card...run downstairs to the old photo studio {bahaha..in my bedroom} and then upload the card onto my computer...then into my blog. I review it and then make changes if I want to. I'm all for clean and crisp but the sweet Hero Arts Japanese Doll seemed to be positioned too high on my square Fabriano. That's why I added the smidge of black pom pom's {I'm sure that you've noticed that I can't get enough of the stuff...}...it was a good way to anchor the paper pieced {with BG Urban Prairie} image. I added the kaiser flower shaped bling to her mini banner.

This card has already gone postal to my cousin. She is teaching my kidlets Japanese this summer. I know why my kids are so motivated to learn...they want to know what my Mom & I are talking about when we starting flinging out Japanese words...LOL. BTW, my cousin is crafty too!!!! Check out her fabbie etsy shop:

JapaneseHandmadeEtc

She still has some of her Basic Grey Urban Couture business card holders...they rock! They make a great gift for a crafty peep.

Okay, show me what you got...

Comments

Dora said…
This is so cute Amy, love that little girl, and that white space makes the card perfect!

hugs Dora
Naomi Chokr said…
they are not pom poms they are dingle balls!!!!! i loe those asian stamps...i need to bust mine out and use them again. :)
Love those pom-poms! So cute and love that Hero Arts stamp too! So cute!
Carolina said…
Aack is this stinkin' cute or what???
Soooo Cute!!! This is my favorite stamp too ;)
Martha said…
This is sooo cute!!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Amy, I love this just adorable and love that pom-pom ribbon.
Laurel said…
So darn cute, you are so good at clean and crisp!
Becky Carafa said…
Oh this is adorable! So sweet!
Kay said…
Oh, she's SO cute!!!! Gosh, I love both of your versions!! But of course, a little pom pom trim can do NO wrong!!! Adorable card, Amy!

Enjoy your time off. Yea!!!! ♥♥ Kay
Lorie said…
Oh, my gosh! This is adorable! I love that pom pom trim! :o)
KeeponScrappin said…
Cute pom poms. Heya girl! Miss ya! How are you? You make the most cutest cards ever.
Anonymous said…
Hi amy! The pom poms are so cute! I love that card!
Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Here you can find more free digistamps:
http://herzblut777.wordpress.com/category/papierbasteleien/digi-stamps/
Risa said…
Very cute card! Your image is adorable and the pom pom trim is too cute!
Risa:)
whoistracy said…
Ack! So cute! Love the addition of the pom-poms. Great touch.
Lisa Brown said…
How adorable! Love it, Amy!
ivy said…
you & your pom pom trims! i am just hoarding mine right now! i need to learn to 'let go'!
Susan said…
hey, I'm almost with Ivy up there...hoarding, but I do adore your card today, Amy!!!!
Jaspere said…
Wow how you can make a statement like that with a white card base is beyond me.
Sparkplug17 said…
She is just gorgeous! And I love the pom pom's!
itsallrosi said…
this came out great!

I've been eyeing up these netbooks, thanks for the link to yours.
Randee E said…
This little cutie was soo in my basket and then I took her out :0( This card has inpired me to go back and get her! So cute and so fun!!
Unknown said…
OMGoodness, too adorable! The queen of the poms strikes again!

(-: Heidi
Kelly Booth said…
Soooooo CUTE Amy!! Love that doll...
Jamee said…
your card is so adorable!!!
Maureen said…
Super cute and the addition of the pom trim makes it just perfect!
Regina Easter said…
OH MY I LOVE THIS AND I LOVE IT EVEN MORE WITH THE WHITE BACKGROUND...HUGS
Ann said…
Eeee! TOO cute!!!!
Anonymous said…
thanks for the great inspiration, missy, great job as usual.
Angie Tieman said…
Very cute!!! Love the black pom poms, I think they were a good addition! Pom poms are always a good idea! heee!
Ryann said…
Adorable Amy! I make changes after I take photos all the time! Most times I've forgotten I wanted to use glitter/stickles/shimmerz/etc.
Rose Ann said…
Simply adorable, Amy!! Love the little flower bling, and your pom pom ribbon!!
Joy said…
now this is such a cute japanese card! love those little girls! you did a sweet job on that card! TFS and have a great weekend! hope it's a long once since it's the fourth of july!
KatieTurtle said…
I like the pom pom addition. It was needed. This card is so awesome! Love the coloring...great job!
yyam said…
I love it! A friend gave me this stamp for my birthday but I haven't used it yet.

I must say that I love the white space (isn't your usual style). Simplicity is elegance.

Argh! You seem to have pom poms in every color! I haven't got round to getting mine yet.
Allison Rankin said…
I just love this stamp...I want them so much. I kinda like the first version...esp. on the Fabriano (so much texture is its own pleasure!).
Savitri said…
Super cute CAS and love the pompoms!!!! You color way better than I do for sure!!! For office apps, try OpenOffice. Just google it. It's free and it's Microsoft Office-ish. If you're on a Mac, try NeoOffice. I like it better than OpenOffice when I'm on the Mac.
Tami said…
another sweet card and I have that new stamp set. Got to get me some pom poms girl. your work is so nice as always. happy 4th my cybe friend. You rock!! thanks for all you do Amy girl.
Kristie Larsen said…
I love this little girl! The pom poms were a great touch!
Elaine said…
Ami-san, this is masterful! Love the simple clean card!! :) Both versions are sparkling cute!
Teri said…
love this kokeshi doll image, love the card too, so simple and elegant!